Wordpress Developer (Mid/Senior)
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic mid-to-senior-level WordPress Developer with a strong background in PHP to work with our marketing team to help us deliver outstanding experiences for our clients.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across multiple websites and clients, and support our strategy and design leads with your knowledge and insight to create ideal solutions and potential innovations for clients.
This role will suit you if:
- You’re comfortable working within a multi-skilled, non-technical team
- You’re able to work independently and research solutions to technical issues
- You’re comfortable speaking with clients and simplifying technical explanations.
As we’re an agency that sees our clients as collaborators in arms, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment where client service and creativity is key.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from, and work with, people from across the business and benefit from a remote working environment.
Does this sound like the role for you?
If so, read on…
Location: Remote, work from home.
Hours: 28-35 hours per week, negotiable.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus 8 bank holidays
Salary: £35k – £45k per annum dependent on experience
Role, responsibilities and key duties
Reports to: Director of Strategic Content and Brand
- Develop and maintain WordPress sites for our clients, ensuring that they are optimized for search engines and are user-friendly.
- Create custom WordPress themes and plugins using PHP.
- Implement integrations between WordPress sites and third party software, such as payment providers and CRMs.
- Troubleshoot and debug any issues that arise with WordPress sites.
- Respond to support tickets when needed, including communicating with clients to understand and fix any arising issues
- Collaborate with strategists and designers to ensure that WordPress sites are built to the highest quality standards.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends in WordPress development and implement best practices.
- Support the marketing team with project management of complex PHP projects involving contracted developers
Characteristics, skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in WordPress development, with a strong background in PHP.
- Strong experience with WordPress themes and plugins development.
- Understanding of web standards, accessibility standards, responsive design, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Familiarity with WordPress security best practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, able to manage your own workload but juggle this within a fast-paced and responsive agency environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organizational skills and workflow management skills.
- Determined and resilient.
- Self-motivated, a team player and driven.
- Experience within a digital marketing agency environment
- Experience of ClickUp
- Experience of Plesk
This role will suit someone who…
- Enjoys variety within their work and working on multiple projects at any one time
- Thrives on creating solutions for client problems
- Is comfortable with responsibility and leading the management of all WordPress Development
Who you’ll be working with
We work hard, laugh harder and believe that excellent client service and communication is key to open, honest, creative relationships and business growth.
See if you’ll fit in by viewing our values at wejumphigher.co.uk/manifesto.
How to apply
Sound like a chance that’s too good to turn down?
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing why you’re suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 13th October 2023